Established Legal Counsel with expertise in delivering legal advice for the business sector, particularly in the energy sector. Expertise in multimillion complex projects related to Foreign Direct Investment and Energy. Creative Problem solver with a passion for Business and Economics. Intelectually curious and following the growth in emerging markets and in Africa in particular. I am also the occasional writer for the press on issues related to energy.
• PhD in Law, 2011 (Nottingham Trent University, UK).
• Postgraduate Certificate in Research Methods, 2007 (Nottingham Trent University, UK).
• Degree in Law, 2005 (Nova School of Law).
• Founder of an LLM in Oil, Gas and Energy at Coventry University in 2016.
• Legal Counsel for an Investment Promotion Agency.
• Law Professor for several Universities in 3 countries.
• Author of 4 books (one as an editor on Production Sharing Agreements).
• ISO 37001 (Anti-Bribery) Lead Implementer and Internal Auditor.
• Worked and lived in 4 countries (Portugal, United Kingdom, Angola and Austria).
• Qualified at Angolan Law Society.
• Corporate Trainer.
• Researcher at the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC in 2013)
• Trilingual in Portuguese, English, Spanish and with knowledge of French.
• Commercial Law | Oil and Gas | Foreign Direct Investment | Compliance (ABC Law and AML/CT) | Natural Resources | Arbitration